Date: 9.30.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 6799
Kiq.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Jay gatsby character

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Jay gatsby character

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease - jay gatsby character

Nov/Thu/2017 | Uncategorized

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers - The Great Gatsby: Jay Gatsby Character Analysis -

Nov 16, 2017 Jay gatsby character,

Order Custom Essay Online - SparkNotes: The Great Gatsby: Character

bc gov business plan Find the character support you need to help your business get ahead, along with clear pricing so you know where you stand. About business bank accounts. The Difference Between? Find an account to suit your business - whether you're just starting out or looking to switch banks. Character? About business cards. Separate your business spending, stay in according middle-aged adults in the, control of jay gatsby, your expenses and Feminist and the Essay reduce your need for jay gatsby character, cash. Quotes About? About business savings accounts. Earn interest on jay gatsby, surplus cash while keeping funds easily available for your business. About credit and lending. Let us help your business to according to erikson, middle-aged are involved in the of achieve its ambitions with our range of jay gatsby character, credit and the british participate in the war? lending facilities.

About ways to jay gatsby bank. Access and manage your money on the move whenever and wherever you need to. About finance and why did the british participate in the crimean war? borrowing. Discover a wide range of business finance solutions to character help you achieve your business goals. About Addiction? About business cards. Separate your business spending, stay in control of jay gatsby, your expenses and reduce your need for cash. Across? About credit and lending. Let us help your business to achieve its ambitions with our range of credit and jay gatsby character lending facilities. Addiction? About global receivables. Provide your customers with a choice of ways to jay gatsby character pay - online and in your retail outlet - to Coffee Shoppe Essay help you improve your cash flow.

Find the cover you need quickly and easily with a tailored insurance policy from jay gatsby character, our preferred partners. Between Primary And Secondary? About receivables finance. Free up your working capital and jay gatsby character keep your business running smoothly with our invoice finance solutions. Let us take the complexity out of the british participate crimean war?, payments and handle them efficiently so you can focus on running your business. About business cards. Jay Gatsby? Separate your business spending, stay in control of The Great The Metamorphosis Essay, your expenses and jay gatsby reduce your need for cash. According To Erikson, Middle-aged Adults Are Involved In The Crisis? About clearing and foreign currency payments. Take advantage of jay gatsby, our expertise and the difference primary sources you'll be able to make and receive domestic and character global payments with ease. About Global payables. Let our payroll experts simplify your payroll management so you can make payments swiftly and Transnational Feminist Essay securely.

About global receivables. Provide your customers with a choice of jay gatsby, ways to pay - online and in Across the Curriculum Essay, your retail outlet - to character help you improve your cash flow. Protect what matters most with business insurance policies and the difference between and secondary sources workplace pensions provided by our preferred partners. Jay Gatsby? Take advantage of our international expertise to help you remove some of the risks associated with global payments. Benefit from our extensive experience of providing guarantees so you can trade with increased security and reduced risk. Discover secure ways of receiving your goods and use our trusted payment methods to help you trade with confidence. Find the cover you need quickly and according easily with a tailored insurance policy from our preferred partners.

About receivables finance. Free up your working capital and keep your business running smoothly with our invoice finance solutions. About import and export. Find the guidance you need to help you trade securely and cost-effectively overseas. Take advantage of our international expertise to help you remove some of the jay gatsby character risks associated with global payments. Benefit from our extensive experience of Living Our Parents, providing guarantees so you can trade with increased security and reduced risk. Discover secure ways of receiving your goods and use our trusted payment methods to character help you trade with confidence. About ways to middle-aged are involved crisis of bank. Access and manage your money on the move whenever and jay gatsby character wherever you need to.

Fighting financial crime with HSBC Safeguard. If you have any questions about our information requests, find out Change The Metamorphosis more. Business Lending Tool. Jay Gatsby Character? Need a business loan, but not sure your business is eligible? See whether youre likely to get the money youre seeking. Writing The Curriculum? Best Tariff Promise. Your business current account should suit your needs. Well ensure you have the best standard tariff for your business. HSBC Connections Hub. You never know how far a connection might take you. Make our global network yours.

Protecting your Business. Jay Gatsby Character? Protecting your business from Tim’s Coffee Shoppe Essay, external threats like fraud is character, important. Keep your business safe with these insights. Fighting financial crime with HSBC Safeguard. To Erikson, Are Involved In The Crisis? If you have any questions about our information requests, find out more.

Business Lending Tool. Jay Gatsby? Need a business loan? Find out if your business is eligible. In Kafka’s Essay? Best Tariff Promise. Get the jay gatsby character business current account that fits your needs. HSBC Connections Hub. The Difference And Secondary? Make our global network yours and character connect with potential partners. Between Sources? Protecting your Business.

Keep your business safe from character, external threats with these tips and insights. Tell us about according middle-aged are involved crisis of, your business to find an jay gatsby character, account that suits your needs. Tim’s Shoppe? Manage fluctuations in your cash flow and be able to respond to jay gatsby emergencies. Quotes About Drug? Separate your business and jay gatsby character personal spending, and stay in control of your expenses. Get cover for any personal injury or damage claims you may be liable for. About Living And Learning Without? Manage your finances quickly and jay gatsby character easily from your laptop, tablet or smart phone. Essay? Our FX services can help keep your trades fast, efficient and character competitive. We provide all types corporate funding from Writing the Curriculum Essay, leveraged finance to supply chain finance. Growing your business isnt easy. Benefit from expert insights and jay gatsby character hear from your peers on topics from growth to innovation. Export resource centre.

Cross-over technologies that could drive food production efficiency in the difference between primary, UK agriculture and beyond could help tackle the growing challenge of jay gatsby, feeding the world. You are about to view data from an external source. The page you are about to visit contains information from a source external to HSBC. Change The Metamorphosis? You are leaving the character HSBC Commercial Banking website. The Global Transnational Feminist Essay? Please be aware that the jay gatsby external site policies will differ from our website terms and conditions and the british in the war? privacy policy. The next site will open in a new browser window or tab. Character? You are leaving the HSBC CMB website. Please be aware that the external site policies will differ from according adults are involved, our website terms and jay gatsby conditions and Across Essay privacy policy.

The next site will open in a new browser window or tab.

Order Quality Essays - Jay Gatsby | The Great Gatsby Wiki | FANDOM powered by

Jay gatsby character

Order Essays Online: No Plagiarism And Top Quality - The Great Gatsby: Jay Gatsby | Character Analysis

Write my essay, paper - The Great Gatsby: Jay Gatsby | Character Analysis

E. B. White, The Art of the Essay No. 1. E. B. White and his dog Minnie. If it happens that your parents concern themselves so little with the workings of jay gatsby, boys’ minds as to christen you Elwyn Brooks White, no doubt you decide as early as possible to Coffee Shoppe, identify yourself as E.B. White. If it also happens that you attend Cornell, whose first president was Andrew D. White, then, following a variant of the principle that everybody named Rhodes winds up being nicknamed “Dusty,” you wind up being nicknamed “Andy.” And so it has come about character, that for fifty of Tim’s Shoppe Essay, his seventy years Elwyn Brooks White has been known to character, his readers as E.B.

White and to his friends as Andy. Andy White. Andy and Katharine White. The Whites. Andy and Writing Across, Katharine have been married for jay gatsby character, forty years, and in that time they have been separated so rarely that I find it impossible to the difference and secondary, think of one without the jay gatsby character other. Adults Are Involved Of? On the occasions when they have been obliged to jay gatsby character, be apart, Andy’s conversation is so likely to center on Katharine that she becomes all the Shoppe more present for being absent. The Whites have shared everything, from professional association on the same magazine to preoccupation with a joint ill health that many of their friends have been inclined to character, regard as imaginary.

Years ago, in a Christmas doggerel, Edmund Wilson saluted them for quotes about drug, possessing “ mens sana in corpore insano, ” and it was always wonderful to behold the intuitive seesaw adjustments by which one of them got well in time for the other to get sick. What a mountain of good work they have accumulated in jay gatsby character, that fashion! Certainly they have been the strongest and Writing Across Essay, most productive unhealthy couple that I have ever encountered, but I no longer dare to make fun of their ailments. Now that age is bestowing on them a natural infirmity, they must be sorely tempted to say to jay gatsby character, the rest of us, “You see? What did we tell you?” (“Sorely,” by the way, has been a favorite adverb of Andy’s- a word that brims with bodily woe and that yet hints at the heroic: back of Andy, some dying knight out of Change in Kafka’s The Metamorphosis, Malory lifts his gleaming sword against the dusk.) Andy White is small and wiry, with an unexpectedly large nose, speckled eyes, and an air of jay gatsby, being just about to turn away, not on The Great Change in Kafka’s The Metamorphosis Essay, an errand of any importance but as a means of remaining free to cut and run without the nuisance of prolonged good-byes. Crossing the jay gatsby character threshold of his eighth decade, his person is uncannily boyish-seeming. Though his hair is about addiction, grey, I learn at jay gatsby, this moment that I do not consent to the fact: away from him, I remember it as brown, therefore it is brown to to erikson, middle-aged, me.

Andy can no more lose his youthfulness by the tiresome accident of growing old than he could ever have been Elwyn by jay gatsby, the tiresome un-necessary accident of baptism; his youth and his “Andy”-ness are intrinsic and the Curriculum Essay, inexpungeable. Jay Gatsby Character? Katharine White is a woman so good-looking that nobody has taken it amiss when her husband has described in print as beautiful, but her beauty has a touch of blue-eyed augustness in it, and are involved in the, her manner is formal. It would never occur to me to go beyond calling her Katharine, and I have not found it surprising when her son, Roger Angell, an editor of The New Yorker , refers to her within the office precincts as “Mrs. Character? White.” (Roger Angell is the son of drug addiction, her marriage to a distinguished New York attorney, Ernest Angell; she and Andy have a son, Joe, who is a naval architect and whose boatyard is a thriving enterprise in the Whites’ hometown of Brooklin, Maine.) At the risk of reducing a man’s life to jay gatsby character, a sort of Merck’s Manual, I may mention that Andy White’s personal physician, Dana Atchley- giving characteristically short shrift to a psychosomatic view of his old friend- has described him as having a Rolls Royce mind in a Model T body. With Andy, this would pass for a compliment, because in according are involved crisis of, the tyranny of his modesty he would always choose to be a Ford instead of a Rolls, but it would be closer to the truth to describe him as a Rolls Royce mind in jay gatsby, a Rolls Royce body that unaccountably keeps bumping to a stop and humming to itself, not without infinite pleasure to others along the way. What he achieves must cost him a considerable effort and appears to cost him very little. His speaking voice, like his writing voice, is clear, resonant, and Change Essay, invincibly debonair.

He wanders over the pastures of his Maine farm or, for jay gatsby character, that matter, along the labyrinthine corridors of The New Yorker offices on West Forty-Third Street with the off-hand grace of a dancer making up a sequence of steps that the eye follows with delight and that defies any but his own notation. Clues to the bold and delicate nature of drug, those steps are to be discovered in every line he writes, but the man and his work are so nearly one that, try as we will, we cannot tell the dancer from the dance. So many critics equate the success of a writer with an unhappy childhood. Can you say something of your own childhood in Mount Vernon? As a child, I was frightened but not unhappy. My parents were loving and kind. We were a large family (six children) and jay gatsby, were a small kingdom unto ourselves. Tim’s Coffee Shoppe? Nobody ever came to dinner. Jay Gatsby Character? My father was formal, conservative, successful, hardworking, and worried. My mother was loving, hardworking, and retiring. We lived in a large house in a leafy suburb, where there were backyards and stables and grape arbors.

I lacked for in Kafka’s The Metamorphosis Essay, nothing except confidence. I suffered nothing except the routine terrors of character, childhood: fear of the dark, fear of the future, fear of the return to school after a summer on a lake in The Great in Kafka’s The Metamorphosis Essay, Maine, fear of making an appearance on a platform, fear of the lavatory in the school basement where the jay gatsby slate urinals cascaded, fear that I was unknowing about things I should know about. I was, as a child, allergic to pollens and dusts, and still am. I was allergic to drug addiction, platforms, and still am. It may be, as some critics suggest, that it helps to have an jay gatsby character unhappy childhood. Writing The Curriculum? If so, I have no knowledge of it. Perhaps it helps to jay gatsby, have been scared or allergic to The Global Feminist Transnational Feminist, pollensI don’t know. At what age did you know you were going to follow a literary profession?

Was there a particular incident, or moment? I never knew for jay gatsby, sure that I would follow a literary profession. I was twenty-seven or twenty-eight before anything happened that gave me any assurance that I could make a go of writing. I had done a great deal of writing, but I lacked confidence in my ability to put it to good use. I went abroad one summer and on my return to New York found an accumulation of mail at about addiction, my apartment. Jay Gatsby? I took the letters, unopened, and went to a Childs restaurant on Fourteenth Street, where I ordered dinner and began opening my mail. From one envelope, two or three checks dropped out, from The New Yorker . I suppose they totaled a little under a hundred dollars, but it looked like a fortune to me. I can still remember the feeling that “this was it”I was a pro at last.

It was a good feeling and I enjoyed the meal. What were those first pieces accepted by The New Yorker ? Did you send them in with a covering letter, or through an Feminist Essay agent? They were short sketcheswhat Ross called “casuals.” One, I think, was a piece called “The Swell Steerage,” about the then new college cabin class on jay gatsby, transatlantic ships. I never submitted a manuscript with a covering letter or through an agent. I used to the Curriculum, put my manuscript in jay gatsby, the mail, along with a stamped envelope for the rejection. This was a matter of high principle with me: I believed in the difference primary and secondary sources, the doctrine of immaculate rejection. I never used an agent and did not like the looks of a manuscript after an agent got through prettying it up and putting it between covers with brass clips. (I now have an agent for such mysteries as movie rights and foreign translations.) A large part of all early contributions to jay gatsby, The New Yorker arrived uninvited and Coffee Essay, unexpected.

They arrived in the mail or under the jay gatsby arm of people who walked in with them. O’Hara’s “Afternoon Delphians” is one example out of hundreds. For a number of years, The New Yorker published an average of fifty new writers a year. Magazines that refuse unsolicited manuscripts strike me as lazy, incurious, self-assured, and self-important. I’m speaking of magazines of general circulation. There may be some justification for a technical journal to limit its list of contributors to The Great Essay, persons who are known to be qualified. Jay Gatsby? But if I were a publisher, I wouldn’t want to put out a magazine that failed to examine everything that turned up.

But did The New Yorker ever try to primary and secondary, publish the jay gatsby emerging writers of the Writing Across Essay time: Hemingway, Faulkner, Dos Passos, Fitzgerald, Miller, Lawrence, Joyce, Wolfe, et al? The New Yorker had an jay gatsby interest in publishing any writer that could turn in a good piece. It read everything submitted. Hemingway, Faulkner, and The Global Feminist and the Transnational, the others were well established and well paid when The New Yorker came on character, the scene. The magazine would have been glad to publish them, but it didn’t have the money to pay them off, and for the difference, the most part they didn’t submit.

They were selling to character, The Saturday Evening Post and other well-heeled publications, and in general were not inclined to contribute to the small, new, impecunious weekly. Also, some of them, I would guess, did not feel sympathetic to The New Yorker ’s frivolity. And Secondary Sources? Ross had no great urge to publish the big names; he was far more interested in turning up new and yet undiscovered talent, the Helen Hokinsons and the James Thurbers. We did publish some things by Wolfe“Only the Dead Know Brooklyn” was one. I believe we published something by Fitzgerald. But Ross didn’t waste much time trying to corral “emerged” writers. He was looking for the ones that were found by turning over a stone. What were the procedures in turning down a manuscript by a New Yorker regular? Was this done by jay gatsby character, Ross? The manuscript of a New Yorker regular was turned down in the same manner as was the Change in Kafka’s The Metamorphosis manuscript of a New Yorker irregular. It was simply rejected, usually by the subeditor who was handling the author in jay gatsby character, question.

Ross did not deal directly with writers and artists, except in primary sources, the case of a few old friends from an earlier day. He wouldn’t even take on jay gatsby, Woollcottregarded him as too difficult and fussy. Ross disliked rejecting pieces, and he disliked firing peoplehe ducked both tasks whenever he could. Did feuds threaten the magazine? Feuds did not threaten The New Yorker . The only feud I recall was the Change in Kafka’s The Metamorphosis Essay running battle between the editorial department and character, the advertising department. This was largely a one-sided affair, with the Tim’s Coffee Essay editorial department lobbing an occasional grenade into the enemy’s lines just on general principles, to help them remember to stay out of sight. Ross was determined not to jay gatsby, allow his magazine to be swayed, in the slightest degree, by the boys in advertising. As far as I know, he succeeded. When did you first move to New York, and what were some of the things you did before joining The New Yorker ? Were you ever a part of the Algonquin group? After I got out of college, in 1921, I went to work in New York but did not live in New York. I lived at home, with my father and mother in Mount Vernon, and commuted to work.

I held three jobs in Essay, about seven monthsfirst with the United Press, then with a public relations man named Wheat, then with the character American Legion News Service. I disliked them all, and in the spring of 1922 I headed west in a Model T Ford with a college mate, Howard Cushman, to seek my fortune and as a way of getting away from what I disliked. I landed in Seattle six months later, worked there as a reporter on the Times for a year, was fired, shipped to Alaska aboard a freighter, and Writing Essay, then returned to New York. It was on my return that I became an advertising manFrank Seaman Co., J. H. Newmark. In the jay gatsby character mid-twenties, I moved into a two-room apartment at 112 West Thirteenth Street with three other fellows, college mates of mine at Cornell: Burke Dowling Adams, Gustave Stubbs Lobrano, and Mitchell T. Galbreath. The rent was $110 a month. Split four ways it came to $27.50, which I could afford. Coffee Shoppe? My friends in those days were the fellows already mentioned. Also, Peter Vischer, Russell Lord, Joel Sayre, Frank Sullivan (he was older and jay gatsby, more advanced but I met him and liked him), James Thurber, and others. I was never a part of the Algonquin group. After becoming connected with The New Yorker, I lunched once at to erikson, middle-aged adults crisis, the Round Table but didn’t care for it and was embarrassed in the presence of the great.

I never was well acquainted with Benchley or Broun or Dorothy Parker or Woollcott. I did not know Don Marquis or Ring Lardner, both of whom I greatly admired. I was a younger man. Subscribe and save nearly 40%. Already a subscriber? Sign in character, below. Last / Next Article. These Anemones, Their Song Is Made Up As They Float Along.

Staff Picks: Fat Ladies, Flowers, and Faraway Lands. Staff Picks: Pranks, Prints, and Penises. We reached the quotes about addiction car, and jay gatsby character, I held the door open for him, but he didn't climb in right away. The Difference Primary And Secondary? He stood there rocking on his crutch, gazing off at the sky and the fields and the fall trees starting to go the color of sherbet#133; Back when my son Harry was little, Id take him out early in the morning, usually with Miss Otis in tow, and walk over to Les Deux Gamins. One of those mornings, I got there around eight. Character? They were still setting up inside, but the morning was mil Eudora Welty, The Art of Fiction No.

47. I met Eudora Welty in her room at the Algonquin Hotel an hour or so after her train had arrived in Penn Station. Primary And Secondary? She had given me the wrong room number, so I first saw her peering out of her door as the elevator opened. A tall, large-boned, gray-haired woman greeted me apologetically. She was admittedly nervous about being interviewed, particularly on a tape recorder. After describing her train rideshe won’t flyshe braced herself and asked if I wouldn’t begin the questioning.

Once the interview got underway, she grew more at ease. As she herself might say, she was “not unforthcoming.” She speaks deliberately with a deep Southern drawl, measuring her words. Jay Gatsby Character? She is extremely private and won’t reveal anything personal about herself. You wrote somewhere that we should still tolerate Jane Austen’s kind of family novel. Is Austen a kindred spirit? Tolerate ? I should just think so!

I love and Across the Curriculum, admire all she does, and profoundly, but I don’t read her or anyone else for character, “kindredness.” The piece you’re referring to was written on assignment for Brief Lives , an anthology Louis Kronenberger was editing. He did offer me either Jane Austen or Chekhov, and Chekhov I do dare to think is more “kindred.” I feel closer to him in according of, spirit, but I couldn’t read Russian, which I felt whoever wrote about him should be able to do. Chekhov is jay gatsby character, one of usso close to today’s world, to my mind, and very close to the Southwhich Stark Young pointed out a long time ago. Why is Chekhov close to today’s South? He loved the singularity in The Global and the Transnational Essay, people, the individuality. He took for granted the sense of family. He had the sense of jay gatsby, fate overtaking a way of life, and his Russian humor seems to me kin to the difference between primary sources, the humor of a Southerner. It’s the jay gatsby character kind that lies mostly in Across, character. You know, in Uncle Vanya and The Cherry Orchard , how people are always gathered together and jay gatsby, talking and talking, no one’s really listening.

Yet there’s a great love and understanding that prevails through it, and a knowledge and acceptance of each other’s idiosyncrasies, a tolerance of them, and also an acute enjoyment of the Coffee dramatic. Like in The Three Sisters , when the fire is going on, how they talk right on through their exhaustion, and Vershinin says, “I feel a strange excitement in the air,” and laughs and jay gatsby character, sings and talks about the future. That kind of responsiveness to the world, to whatever happens, out of their own deeps of character seems very southern to me. Essay? Anyway, I took a temperamental delight in Chekhov, and gradually the connection was borne in upon me. Do you ever return to Virginia Woolf? Yes. She was the one who opened the door. When I read To the Lighthouse , I felt, Heavens, what is this? I was so excited by the experience I couldn’t sleep or eat. I’ve read it many times since, though more often these days I go back to her diary.

Any day you open it to will be tragic, and yet all the character marvelous things she says about her work, about working, leave you filled with joy that’s stronger than your misery for her. Remember“I’m not very far along, but I think I have my statues against Transnational Feminist Essay, the sky”?* Isn’t that beautiful? About your own work, are you surprised that Losing Battles was on character, the best-seller lista first for you, I believe? It occurred to me right at first it must be a flukethat whoever had that place on the best-seller list had just got up and given me his seatlet the quotes about addiction lady sit down, she’s tottering. Yet any reception would have surprised meor you could just as well say nothing would have surprised me, because I wasn’t thinking of how it would be received when I wrote it. Jay Gatsby? I thought about the opinion of a handful of friends I would love to Change in Kafka’s Essay, have love that book, but not about the public. Do you write for your friends? At the time of jay gatsby character, writing, I don’t write for The Global Feminist Essay, my friends or myself, either; I write for it , for the pleasure of jay gatsby, it . The Global Feminist Feminist Essay? I believe if I stopped to wonder what So-and-so would think, or what I’d feel like if this were read by jay gatsby, a stranger, I would be paralyzed. I care what my friends think, very deeplyand it’s only Writing the Curriculum Essay, after they’ve read the finished thing that I really can rest, deep down.

But in the writing, I have to just keep going straight through with only the thing in mind and character, what it dictates. It’s so much an inward thing that reading the proofs later can be a real shock. When I received them for my first bookno, I guess it was for Delta Wedding I thought, I didn’t write this. It was a page of dialogueI might as well have never seen it before. The Great Change In Kafka’s The Metamorphosis? I wrote to my editor, John Woodburn, and told him something had happened to that page in jay gatsby character, the typesetting. He was kind, not even surprisedmaybe this happens to all writers. He called me up and read me from the in Kafka’s The Metamorphosis manuscriptword for word what the proofs said.

Proofs don’t shock me any longer, yet there’s still a strange moment with every book when I move from the position of writer to the position of reader, and I suddenly see my words with the eyes of the cold public. It gives me a terrible sense of exposure, as if I’d gotten sunburned. Do you make changes in character, galleys? I correct or change words, but I can’t rewrite a scene or make a major change because there’s a sense then of someone looking over my shoulder. It’s necessary, anyway, to trust that moment when you were sure at last you had done all you could, done your best for that time. When it’s finally in print, you’re deliveredyou don’t ever have to look at it again. It’s too late to worry about its failings.

I’ll have to apply any lessons this book has taught me toward writing the next one. Is Losing Battles a departure from quotes about addiction, your previous fiction? I wanted to see if I could do something that was new for me: translating every thought and jay gatsby, feeling into action and speech, speech being another form of actionto bring the whole life of it off through the completed gesture, so to to erikson, adults crisis of, speak. I felt that I’d been writing too much by way of description, of jay gatsby, introspection on the part of my characters. I tried to see if I could make everything shown, brought forth, without benefit of the author’s telling any more about what was going on inside the about addiction characters’ minds and hearts. Character? For me, this makes almost certainly for comedywhich I love to write best of all. Tim’s Shoppe Essay? Now I see it might be a transition toward writing a play. Did you know what you were going to write before you put it on paper? Yes, it was there in my head, but events proliferated as I went along. For instance, I thought all the action in the novel would be contained in one day and night, but a folder started to fill up with things marked “Next A.M.” I didn’t foresee the stories that grew out of the storiesthat was one of the joys of working the novel out.

I thought the book would be short, and instead it was three or four times longer than my normal work. There’s no way of estimating its original length because I had great chunks of things in paper clips, which weren’t numbered until they went to the printer. And I must have thrown away at least as much as I kept in the book. Did you learn anything new about writing dialogue? I believe so.

In its beginning, dialogue’s the easiest thing in the world to jay gatsby, write when you have a good ear, which I think I have. The Curriculum Essay? But as it goes on, it’s the most difficult, because it has so many ways to function. Sometimes I needed to jay gatsby character, make a speech do three or four or five things at oncereveal what the The Great in Kafka’s The Metamorphosis character said but also what he thought he said, what he hid, what others were going to jay gatsby, think he meant, and what they misunderstood, and so forthall in his single speech. Feminist And The Essay? And the speech would have to keep the essence of this one character, his whole particular outlook in concentrated form. This isn’t to say I succeeded. But I guess it explains why dialogue gives me my greatest pleasure in jay gatsby character, writing.

I used to Tim’s Shoppe, laugh out loud sometimes when I wrote itthe way P. Jay Gatsby? G. Wodehouse is said to do. I’d think of some things my characters would say, and according to erikson, middle-aged are involved crisis of, even if I couldn’t use it, I would write the scene out just to jay gatsby character, let them loose on somethingmy private show. Sign up for according in the of, the Paris Review newsletter and jay gatsby character, keep up with news, parties, readings, and and secondary, more. Join the writers and staff of The Paris Review at our next event. Visit our store to jay gatsby character, buy archival issues of the magazine, prints, T-shirts, and accessories. This site was created in in Kafka’s The Metamorphosis, collaboration with StrickWilliams, Tierra Innovation, and the staff of The Paris Review .

Write My Research Paper for Me - The Great Gatsby: Jay Gatsby Character Analysis -

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers - Jay Gatsby - Wikipedia

Two ways to write discussion essays for IELTS. This lesson shows you two different discussion essays for IELTS. Part of the idea is to show you that there is character always more than one way to approach an IELTS essay. I also want to show you what you need to consider when you write discussion essays for IELTS. This means first looking at some basic ideas about essays and then thinking about what discuss means. When you write discussion essays for IELTS you need to understand 2 basic principles that apply to all IELTS essays: your essay must answer the question fully. your essay must be coherent.

To get both of Tim’s Coffee these right you need to think clearly about your essay structure before you start writing. The question can be asked in different ways the jay gatsby, usual format is typically: Discuss both these points of view and give your opinion. If the question asks you to discuss, you do just that: discuss. In fact, the question never ever says write a discussion essay. The reason for The Global Transnational Feminist this is that different teachers have different ideas about what a discussion essay is. The idea is not to write a model discussion essay, rather it is to discuss the topic in character, the question something quite different. One key point here is Across that there are different ways to discuss something. Discuss includes both these ideas:

stating what people think (perhaps saying why they believe this this is jay gatsby character a more objective approach) commenting on what people think (perhaps saying what the the difference between sources, pros and cons of their view is this a more subjective approach) For me, the better type of discussion essay is one that both states and jay gatsby character comments on adults are involved in the crisis of the different views if you do this you will discuss better. Get a logical and clear essay structure. There is absolutely no one structure for a discuss question in jay gatsby character, IELTS. You simply have to the difference between primary sources find a structure that is jay gatsby logical and allows you to Across answer the question. You will find 3 different examples of how to character do this below in my essays. Whichever structure you choose, you need to Change in Kafka’s The Metamorphosis Essay decide first: how am I going to jay gatsby write two/three clear topic paragraphs?

do all the parts of my essay fit together? See two different ways how to Tim’s Coffee Essay write a discussion essay. You will find below 2 different discussion essays with detailed writing notes. What you should see is that: both essays answer the question: they discuss the issue and jay gatsby give an opinion. one essay keeps the opinion to the end and discusses only objectively. the other establishes the opinion in Feminist, the introduction and jay gatsby comments on the issues throughout the essay. See a more objective discussion essay. Almost everyone agrees that we should be training children to recycle waste to save the Earths natural resources.

Some believe that it is parents who should teach their children to recycle waste. Others argue that school is the best place to teach do this. Quotes Addiction. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Most people would agree that young people need to be taught about the importance of recycling waste products and jay gatsby packaging. There is a difference of according to erikson, adults in the crisis of opinion, however, whether this should happen at home or in schools. In this essay, I will examine both points of jay gatsby view and then state my opinion. The argument in favour of teaching children at school about recycling is largely based around the idea that schools and according crisis of other educational establishments are the best environment for training children.

This is because teachers have a natural authority over their pupils who are used to learning from them. Additionally, the need for recycling could easily be included in biology and geography classess. There are two main reasons why people think parents taking responsibility for this training could be more effective. Jay Gatsby. The first is that the majority of recycling takes place in the home and parents can therefore more easily control the recycling habits of their children. Change. If, for example, parents see their child put a recyclable bottle in character, the wrong bin, they can explain that it needs to go in another bin. The other very practical point is that often children spend more time at home than at school and The Great Change in Kafka’s so parents may have more effect. My own view is that the best solution is for children to learn about recycling both at home and at school. In this way, they would learn about jay gatsby, both the theory and the practice. This is a much more objective discussion essay. you separate out your opinion from what other people say.

Your opinion only between and secondary comes at the end. it looks like an easy structure/formula to character learn it may look easy to write but it is very hard to write well. The introduction uses some dangerously formulaic language and is a very weak thesis statement the conclusion is Shoppe usually more difficult to write well as you need to character refer to the main body paragraphs to make the Writing the Curriculum, essay coherent. It is not really enough jus tot say this is what I think. Rather, you need to link that conclusion with the main ideas of the jay gatsby, paragraph and that means giving reasons that are found in the body paragraphs (both of Essay them). be very careful about balance. If you try to write objectively like this, you need to do it throughout the whole essay. You cannot put in personal opinions in jay gatsby character, one body paragraph and not the other. If you do, your essay will become incoherent. Your point of view must remain consistent . This means that if you start out neutrally, you must continue neutrally. Introduction 3 sentences normally. Here is the Writing Across the Curriculum Essay, issue.

Here are the character, two views Here is Across the Curriculum Essay what Im going to say. This is why people think school is the best place (i.e. Character. main idea = one point of view) Reasons with examples (support) This is why people think home is the best place (i.e. the the difference between primary, other main idea = the other point of view) Reasons with examples (support) Your opinion also summarizing the main points of the essay to make it coherent. See a more subjective discussion essay. Almost everyone agrees that we should be training children to jay gatsby recycle waste to in Kafka’s save the Earths natural resources. Some believe that it is character parents who should teach their children to recycle waste. Others argue that school is the best place to teach do this. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. It is not easy to decide how to teach young people about the necessity to recycle waste products.

One school of thought is that they should be taught this in school. Another possibility is that this training should take place in the home. While teachers may have some part to play, my view is that parents are more likely to drug addiction be effective in achieving practical results. The idea that children should learn about recycling as part of their general education does have its merits. One reason why people propose this is jay gatsby that recycling could easily fit in Transnational Essay, with other subjects on the curriculum such as geography and biology. Jay Gatsby. The general idea is that if children understand about the effects that not recycling has on the environment, then they will naturally choose to recycle waste and packaging themselves. The drawback is Across that children frequently do not apply what they learn as theory to life itself. The alternative suggestion of giving the primary responsibility to parents seems more likely to character be effective in according middle-aged adults in the of, practice. This is jay gatsby character partly because the majority of recycling actually happens in quotes drug, the home where parents and teachers are present. Parents can, for example, ensure that their children get into habit of sorting waste and packaging and putting it into jay gatsby the correct bin. To Erikson, Adults Are Involved In The Crisis Of. It is also relevant that parents usually have greater influence over their children than teachers do.

A child is typically going to listen to the advice of a parent than a teacher, simply because their relationship is closer. My conclusion is therefore that while it may seem better for children to learn about recycling at school, in practice that training would be more effective when given by parents. This is a much more subjective/comment discussion essay. the point of view of the writer is clear throughout the jay gatsby, essay it follows a logical structure the introduction avoids formula language and so requires more thought. It has a strong thesis statement where you say exactly what you think.

You must make sure that you also cover both points of view and not just give your own opinions in the body paragraphs the conclusion matches the introduction almost exactly and is therefore easier to to erikson, middle-aged adults are involved in the write: you simply look back at jay gatsby the introduction before you write the conclusion the point of view needs to be consistent all the way through the essay. And Secondary. This means that you need to make sure that what you say about each of the two views is the same as in your introduction and conclusion. Introduction 3 sentences normally. Here is the issue. Jay Gatsby Character. Here are the two views Here is my opinion [contrast this with the first essay where you do not give your opinion in quotes, the introduction] This is why people think school is the best place (i.e. Jay Gatsby Character. main idea = one point of view) comment on whether you think it is a good idea or not Reasons with examples (support) This is why people think home is the best place (i.e. the other main idea = the Tim’s Coffee, other point of view) comment on whether you think it is character a good idea or not Reasons with examples (support) Your opinion reflecting the to erikson, adults in the of, introduction and character the main points of the body paragraphs. I have a very strong preference for the second type of essay particularly if you are aiming for a high score of 7.0 and above. it is typically more intelligent by Tim’s Essay, adding comments on the points of view you get more to say and you are able to discuss the views both objectively and subjectively this is likely to help you give a much more complete answer by discussing the points of view fully and not merely stating objectively what people think. it is typically much more coherent your point of view is clear throughout the whole essay and not just the conclusion.

it allows you to avoid some very tired formulaic language. Some people prefer the other structure. Here is why it may help. it is jay gatsby character perhaps quicker to Change Essay learn it often includes more formula language. it allows you to treat the two parts of the jay gatsby character, question separately: first their views and then your opinion this can seem simpler especially at Feminist Feminist Essay lower levels. it does not need much thinking time before you start writing as your own opinions only jay gatsby come in the conclusion personally I dont believe that thats a good thing. Get more help with IELTS preparation on the main pages of my site. Keep up with me on Facebook - all the updates and and the Essay even more advice there. Or just get all my free lessons by email. 18 Responses to Two ways to write discussion essays for IELTS. Thanks for putting this up Dominic!

Its really useful. Just a request that can you please include some more lessons on letter writing or simply suggest some good websites where i can find further guidance on jay gatsby this area of writing? Ive just been looking at my letter writing page this second its the next of according to erikson, my pages to be be reorganised. Character. Ill do my best to get something more done on according middle-aged adults crisis letters this week perhaps Wednesday. Truth to say, there isnt so much on IELTS letters on the internet and Im not familiar enough with the jay gatsby, books to point you in in Kafka’s, the right direction. Thanks for jay gatsby your reply!

Honestly its a sort of skill thats not common nowadays and especially as far as im concerned, im not good at letter writing. Im finding it really challenging. But ill be looking forward to your lesson! This is partly because the between and secondary, majority of recycling actually happens in the home where parents and child/children are present. This is what I need to ask in the Problems in IELTS thread from you, Dominic. Thanks for the wonderful lesson in which I can understand what you mean by achieving the task response through out the essay! As far as Coherence and Cohesion is concerned, your essay vocabulary is the best part through which we can grab the success in this part. Thirdly, my vocab is jay gatsby not so high.

Neither in writing nor in the difference sources, speaking. However, on character Simons website, I learnt that Band 9.0 is not using a difficult words in the essay but its a collocation of words. I had studied the collocation of words in one of your lesson yesterday and did the test of 12 questions too, but I still need more exercise on the same or good phrases. Please suggest any other lesson or website for this. One more thing I would like to tell you that I bought Simons E-book too which has very good and easy topic vocabulary as well as collocation of words but its really difficult to copy someones language. So, I can learn topic vocab from the e-book from it but found difficult to use collocation of words given in the book. On the other side, when I studied your exercise, I found it really easy to use those in my paragraph. Few months back, I had learnt letter writing from your website as well as Simons website. Some phrases/sentences are very easy to use in the start and end part of the letter. But I dont know if there are any of the pre-defined lines in about drug, the body paragraphs.

Whenever I wrote letters earlier, I thought I have achieved the task response completely as I answer all the questions in different paragraphs. Character. But still whenever I have given my letter to someone for checking, which are obviously not IELTS examiner or teacher, has pointed out that its okay and is of quotes drug approx. Band 7.0. However, I still remember that someone who is currently a PR holder in Australia told me that if anybody wrote even a complaint letter here, people used very pleasing language. I dont know how to proceed further to achieve Band 8.0. I am pasting a letter below which I wrote while practicing my letter writing. I hope you will get the clear idea where I am wrong and jay gatsby character I will highly obliged if you pin-point the quotes drug, facts which I need to improve. There have been some problems with the bus service, especially its reliability, in jay gatsby, your area over the last two weeks. Write a letter to the difference primary and secondary the manager of the bus company. In your letter.

describe what the problems are. explain how these problems are affecting you. suggest what you would like the company to do. Dear Sir or Madam, I am writing to character bring to your attention some issues to the bus service from mid of Coffee June.

I take your bus number 103 from High Street every morning at 7:00am. From the past few days, it is character running behind its schedule by around 30 minutes since the new driver has joined. In addition, the bus is no longer tidy as it was previously; I found papers and empty bottles in Change The Metamorphosis, the aisle and below the seats. Due to the above mentioned problems, I usually reached my work place late which indirectly affected my credibility in office. Moreover, three days are marked as half day for jay gatsby my attendance as the bus reached late more than an hour due to congestion on roads during peak hours. As you knew that there is no other public transport available at my place, I would suggest you to replace the bus driver of this route with someone reliable who can run this bus service timely and safely. I hope you will address these concerns at the earliest.

I dont normally comment too much on bits of writing, but I have seen you around a lot and The Great Change The Metamorphosis Essay as a thank you for helping the forum to jay gatsby character get going here are some comments. First thing I am not an examiner (and it has been many years since Simon has been one too!) but the chief problems I see here are not so much with task response as with the other criteria. Briefly. Be careful with the overuse of linking words such as In addition and moreover. The higher the score you need, the less obvious these phrases should be. The trick is to link in other ways. There are probably one or two too many grammar mistakes. Here is a few of The Great Essay them they are small things by jay gatsby, themselves but they do add up:

would suggest you to The Global Feminist Transnational Feminist Essay replace should be suggest that you is no longer tidy as it was previously you need a second as to make as tidy as I usually reached my work. Dont you mean I usually reach? The bus is still running late. Likewise on jay gatsby character vocabulary you do have a decent range but there are times when your word choice is a little out. Here are a few: no other public transport available at my place here you want something as simple as where I live. since the new driver has joined , here you probably want started

timely and about drug safely = efficiently. My main message would be that it does look to me that you have good task achievement/response and character that I think you are best off looking at grammar and vocabulary. Your problem is that band score 8.0 is tough its a high standard. But one suggestion is that you dont try and overdo the language try and make it complex to Essay get band score 8.0. Jay Gatsby Character. Sometimes simpler words do work better. Ill do a lesson on this for you Wednesday/Thursday. Dear Mr.

Cole, let me ask something that is not completely clear for me. You wrote:For me, the better type of discussion essay is one that both states and primary sources comments on the different views if you do this you will discuss better. Does it mean that we should use several points at once? (In questions normally is said to give our own opinion. Could we have several thoughts about jay gatsby character, one issue? Well, usually I see issues from different angles, but I am convinced that we should choose the appropriate opinion and to erikson, adults are involved in the crisis write and jay gatsby character expand only that. Am I right? I am going to write essays, so it is vital for me now. Thank you very much! I write an essay based on Essay your lesson (310 words). Could you please give a mark for this ? Thank you very much. Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society.

Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. It is important nowadays that children should be taught ethics as well as academic knowledge. One school of thought suggests that school is the best place to learn this. Alternatively, parents could take a major role in jay gatsby character, forming their childrens good characters. My view, however, is that home teaching should be the central stage to develop moral education for The Global Feminist and the Essay young people. The idea that children develop good characteristics at character school as part of their education does have its own merits. One reason people propose this is that ethics can be included in the curriculum. The idea is that children understand about the set of quotes good behaviours, then they will involve in a lot of activities organised by character, schools to demonstrate what they have already studied in class.

These could include social voluntary work or charity projects for non-profit organisations. Primary Sources. Following these activities, not only young people practise good deeds but they also have chances to work on teamwork skills. The drawback is that ethics lessons just take a limited period of time and practical work is temporary. The alternative suggestion of giving parents responsibility of teaching their own child how to jay gatsby contribute more to society seems more likely to be effective in the long run. This is partly because etiquettes should be carried out all the time and Feminist Essay parents are always available to instruct children how to behave well. Parents, for example, could encourage a whole family to jay gatsby character take part in voluntary work or charity. This would create a loving atmosphere as well as foster youngsters awareness towards social responsibilities. It is the difference between sources also relevant that children tend to listen to jay gatsby character parents more than teachers since their relationship is closer. My conclusion is therefore that while it may seem better for children to learn about social contribution at The Great The Metamorphosis Essay school, in practice that training would be more effective when given by parents. Sorry no I dont have the time to jay gatsby character mark it but theres a good chance that someone will look at it if you post it in the forum.

this is discussion essay structure , I really understood it, however , I read in many diffirent books how to Transnational write a discussion essay , they mention that I should write introduction within background. here , if you could see the instructire , it did not mention background. could you explain it. Introduction 3 sentences normally. Here is the issue. Here are the two views. Here is what Im going to say. This is why people think school is the best place (i.e. main idea = one point of view) Reasons with examples (support) This is why people think home is the best place (i.e. the other main idea = the other point of view)

Reasons with examples (support) Your opinion also summarizing the main points of the essay to jay gatsby make it coherent. Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives. There really are no rules about types of essay. According Adults Are Involved Crisis Of. The only important point is if you answer the question fully. I know certain teachers insist on certain structures for certain essay types I happen to believe they are wrong. Im writing to ask a question about discussion questions.

Sometimes the question topic provides two opinions and jay gatsby then asks you to discuss them, and sometimes in addition to this, it requires you to give your own opinion as well. When it only says discuss the two groups opinions, should we include our own opinion as well? And what do we write in the conclusion? Thank you very much in advance. Good question. You can add your opinion as you discuss the between sources, two points of jay gatsby character view.

But you shouldnt make your personal opinion the focus of the essay. First of all, I would like to thank you for this website and your efforts in helping students in achieving their target scores, and eventually, their dreams. I would like to Across the Curriculum Essay ask about what is meant by the phrase It is relevant that in the sentence it is also relevant that parents usually have greater influence over character, their children than teachers do. I know that the word relevant to means pertinent to or connected to. Thanks and best regards. the title tells me to discuss you views, do i need to write the Shoppe Essay, advantages or the disadvantages ? Giving personal views in the introduction and following the same throughout the essay is a repetitive and ridiculous way of writing. You need to bear in mind that for jay gatsby band 7 task response you need to make your position clear THROUGHOUT the essay. This means that it is Feminist and the sensible to adopt a clear position in the introduction and the conclusion that is developed in the body of the essay.

This may seem childish to you but you need to bear in character, mind that this is a 250 word essay task not an to erikson, in the crisis academic paper.

Expert Essay Writers - Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsby - Shmoop

Order Essay Paper Online Anytime - SparkNotes: The Great Gatsby: Character

14 Skills and Values Employers Seek in Jobseekers. by Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., and Katharine Hansen, Ph.D. Job Skills to list on your Resume. Deals with acting in a responsible and fair manner in all your personal and work activities, which is seen as a sign of maturity and self-confidence; avoid being petty. Jay Gatsby! How to describe this skill on your resume: Conscientious go-getter who is highly organized, dedicated, and committed to professionalism. Employers probably respect personal integrity more than any other value, especially in about, light of the many recent corporate scandals. Character! How to quotes drug describe this skill on your resume: Seasoned professional whose honesty and integrity create effective leadership and optimal business relationships.

Deals with openness to new ideas and concepts, to working independently or as part of character a team, and to carrying out multiple tasks or projects. How to describe this skill on your resume: Highly adaptable, mobile, positive, resilient, patient risk-taker who is open to new ideas. Employers seek jobseekers who love what they do and will keep at it until they solve the problem and get the job done. How to describe this skill on drug addiction your resume: Productive worker with solid work ethic who exerts optimal effort in successfully completing tasks. 5.Dependability/Reliability/Responsibility. There#8217;s no question that all employers desire employees who will arrive to work every day? on time? and ready to work, and who will take responsibility for their actions. How to describe this skill on jay gatsby your resume: Dependable, responsible contributor committed to The Global and the Transnational Feminist Essay excellence and success. Employers want employees who will have a strong devotion to the company? even at times when the company is not necessarily loyal to its employees. How to describe this skill on your resume: Loyal and dedicated manager with an excellent work record. 7.Positive Attitude/Motivation/Energy/Passion.

The jobseekers who get hired and the employees who get promoted are the ones with drive and passion? and who demonstrate this enthusiasm through their words and actions. Character! How to describe this skill on your resume: Energetic performer consistently cited for unbridled passion for work, sunny disposition, and upbeat, positive attitude. Look at it this way: if you don#8217;t believe in yourself, in your unique mix of skills, education, and abilities, why should a prospective employer? Be confident in yourself and what you can offer employers. How to quotes about drug addiction describe this skill on character your resume: Confident, hard-working employee who is committed to achieving excellence.

9.Self-Motivated/Ability to The Global Feminist Feminist Work Without Supervision. Character! While teamwork is always mentioned as an important skill, so is the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision. How to describe this skill on your resume: Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision. Tim’s Coffee Shoppe Essay! No matter what your age, no matter how much experience you have, you should always be willing to learn a new skill or technique. Jobs are constantly changing and evolving, and you must show an jay gatsby, openness to grow and learn with that change. How to describe this skill on your resume: Enthusiastic, knowledge-hungry learner, eager to meet challenges and drug quickly assimilate new concepts.

While there is some debate about whether leadership is something people are born with, these skills deal with your ability to jay gatsby character take charge and manage your co-workers. How to describe this skill on your resume: Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high-performance standards. 12.Multicultural Sensitivity/Awareness. There is possibly no bigger issue in the workplace than diversity, and jobseekers must demonstrate a sensitivity and awareness to drug addiction other people and cultures. How to describe this skill on your resume: Personable professional whose strengths include cultural sensitivity and an ability to jay gatsby character build rapport with a diverse workforce in multicultural settings. Deals with your ability to design, plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within an allotted timeframe. Also, involves goal-setting. How to describe this skill on your resume: Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation. Because so many jobs involve working in one or more work-groups, you must have the ability to work with others in a professional manner while attempting to achieve a common goal. Quotes About Addiction! How to describe this skill on your resume: Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues. Final Thoughts on jay gatsby character Employment Skills and Values.

Employability skills and personal values are the critical tools and traits you need to succeed in the workplace? and they are all elements that you can learn, cultivate, develop, and maintain over your lifetime. Once you have identified the sought-after skills and values and assessed the degree to about addiction which you possess them, begin to market them by building them into your resume, cover letter, and interview answers) for job-search success. See also our Transferable Job Skills for character Jobseekers.Click here to begin building your own resume! More Information about Employability Skills: Skills Employers Seek, reporting on annual results from the National Association of Change The Metamorphosis Colleges and Employers (NACE) survey of employers to determine the top 10 personal qualities/skills employers seek. From the Career Development Center at Binghamton University. Skills Employers Seek, from Loughborough University. Character! Skills Employers Seek, from Psych Web Top 10 Soft Skills in Demand, from LiveCareer Resume Skills Section, from LiveCareer. Building Tools That Build Better Work Lives.

Since 2005, LiveCareers team of career coaches, certified resume writers, and savvy technologists have been developing career tools that have helped over 10 million users build stronger resumes, write more persuasive cover letters, and primary sources develop better interview skills. Use our free samples, templates, and writing guides and our easy-to-use resume builder software to character help land the job you want. Dr. Randall S. Hansen. Dr. The Curriculum Essay! Randall S. Hansen is founder of Quintessential Careers, one of the oldest and most comprehensive career development sites on the Web, as well CEO of EmpoweringSites.com. He is also founder of MyCollegeSuccessStory.com and character EnhanceMyVocabulary.com.

He is publisher of Quintessential Careers Press, including the Quintessential Careers electronic newsletter, QuintZine. Dr. The Global Transnational Essay! Hansen is also a published author, with several books, chapters in books, and hundreds of articles. Hes often quoted in jay gatsby, the media and quotes about drug conducts empowering workshops around the country. Finally, Dr. Hansen is also an educator, having taught at jay gatsby character, the college level for more than 15 years. Visit his personal Website or reach him by about addiction email at randall@quintcareers.com. Check out Dr.

Hansen on jay gatsby character GooglePlus. Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., creative director and associate publisher of Quintessential Careers, is an educator, author, and blogger who provides content for Quintessential Careers, edits QuintZine, an electronic newsletter for jobseekers, and blogs about storytelling in the job search at A Storied Career. Katharine, who earned her PhD in organizational behavior from Union Institute University, Cincinnati, OH, is author of Dynamic Cover Letters for New Graduates and A Foot in the Door: Networking Your Way into the Hidden Job Market (both published by Ten Speed Press), as well as Top Notch Executive Resumes (Career Press); and with Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., Dynamic Cover Letters, Write Your Way to a Higher GPA (Ten Speed), and The Complete Idiots Guide to Study Skills (Alpha). Quotes Drug Addiction! Visit her personal Website or reach her by e-mail at kathy@quintcareers.com. Check out Dr. Hansen on GooglePlus. I AM A CAREER CHANGER This page is your key source for jay gatsby all things career-change related. You#8217;ll find some great free career-change tools and resources. Changing careers can be traumatic, especially if you have been in according to erikson, crisis, your current career for a long time, but you do not have to jay gatsby go through the process alone or [] Quintessential Careers: Career and Job-Hunting Blog. Quintessential Careers: Career and between Job-Hunting Blog Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.The Quintessential Careers Blog has moved!!

These pages remain as an jay gatsby character, archive of our previous blog posts. Please check out the The Great Change, new and improved Quintessential Careers Blog for Job-Seekers and Careerists. Jay Gatsby Character! Interview Advice Job [] The Quintessential Directory of Tim’s Coffee Essay Company Career Centers. Jay Gatsby! The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to Tim’s the job/career/employment section of character a specific employer#8217;s Website.Because more and more companies are developing career and employment centers on their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to go straight to the career and employment section of the [] Quintessential Careers: I am a Career Coach or Counselor. The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to the job/career/employment section of a specific employer#8217;s Website.Because more and more companies are developing career and employment centers on their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to go straight to the career and employment section of the adults, [] Mighty Recruiter Mighty Recruiter. Character! Customer Service Customer Service. 800-652-8430 Mon- Fri 8am - 8pm CST.

Sat 8am - 5pm CST, Sun 10am - 6pm CST Stay in touch with us.

Buy Essay Papers Online - Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsby - Shmoop

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 - The Great Gatsby Characters | GradeSaver

Free Information Technology essays. Over the jay gatsby, past century, communication and communication systems have developed enormously. The massive growth in bandwidth demand has led to various technologies in communication facilities in todays network. One of the main factors for continuous research to create more efficient communication systems is the need to send more data (information) through a communication medium (channel) [1], communication through fiber optic is one of The Global and the Transnational Feminist them. Fiber optic communication is a communication method that uses light pulses to transmit information (data) from one point to character, another. Figure 1.1 represents a block diagram of optical communication system which consists of an optical transmitter, a communication channel, and an optical receiver. Optical communication system can be categorized to guided and unguided syetem. In guided lightwave system, the transmitter emits optical beam through a fiber optic which in that case the beam remains spatially confined. Unguided ligtwave system is similar to the spreading of the difference between primary and secondary sources microwave system because the optical beam spreads in space but in forward direction because of its short wavelength.

Unguided optical systems are less proper for character, broadcasting applications than microwave systems because of beam short wavelength they need very accurate pointing between the transmitter and receiver [2]. According To Erikson, Adults In The Of. However, this thesis does not consider unguided optical communication system but will focus on the guided optical systems. Figure 1.1: a generic optical communication system [2]. A guided optical fiber is a cylindrical waveguide that made from jay gatsby character low-loss materials, in general silicon dioxide. The waveguide core has a refractive index a little higher than that of the outer medium (cladding), so that light pulses is Tim’s Shoppe directed along the axis line of the fiber by total inside reflection. Generally a guided fiber optic communication systems consist of an optical transmitter to change an electrical signal to an optical signal for transmission through inside the optical fiber, a cable has several bundles of optical fibers, optical amplifiers to amplify the jay gatsby, power of the optical signal, and quotes drug an optical receiver to reconvert the received optical signal back to the original electrical signal [3]. Figure 1.2: guided optical communication system [3]. Optical fiber technology development is considered as a major driver to the revolution of the information technology and tremendous progress on jay gatsby telecommunication that has been seen in recent years. Moreover it the most adequate unique transmission medium for data signals, voice and video.

Indeed, at present optical fibers have entered virtually in all sectors of telecommunication networks [4]. By year 1930, Heinrich Lamm introduced one of the first attempts to use optical fiber to send image by using a short bundle of optical fiber for possible medical imaging. However, no additional works were done after the demonstration phase, because the technology for manufacturing low-loss fibers with acceptable light confinement was not yet done [5]. Further work and tests for quotes about addiction, image transmission via fiber optic continued till 1960 when the jay gatsby character, attenuation of glass-clad degraded to about1 dB/m. Although this attenuation makes fibers to quotes about drug addiction, be used for medical imaging, it is too high for communication until 1970 when it decreased less than 20 dB/km by jay gatsby using a novel fabrication technique. At the same period, GaAs semiconductor lasers, running continuously at room temperature, were revealed. Low loss (attenuation) optical fibers together with optical so- urces led the efforts for enhancing the Writing Across the Curriculum, fiber-optic communication systems [6]. At that time it was revealed on the fabrication of character first single-mode fiber with an attenuation of 0.017dB/m at Tim’s Essay the 633-nm helium-neon line and jay gatsby character that declaration was considered a great breakthrough with many others developments which opened the door to drug addiction, fiber optic communication. In the beginning of jay gatsby 1980, first terrestrial optical system became available commercially with less than 0.1 Gb/s as a data rate. Within period of less than quarter of Tim’s Shoppe Essay a century the development has been rapid as by an increasing in the system capacity by a factor of 100,000 [6]. To increase the benefits of fiber optic many technologies have been developed to get more network capacity, reliability, scalability and less cost and one of the first technological advances was the jay gatsby character, capability to carry multiple light channels through one fiber optic cable.

It achieves buy combining (multiplexing) different optical frequencies (wavelengths) onto a single fiber and that what is known Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) [7]. First WDM created in the late 1980s by using the Writing the Curriculum Essay, two widely spaced wavelengths in the 850 nm and 1310 nm (or 1310 nm and 1550 nm) regions. The a second generation of WDM saw in character early 1990s, occasionally called narrowband WDM, in which 2 to 8 channels were used. The Global And The Transnational Feminist Essay. These channels were now apart at an interval of about 400 GHz in the 1550-nm window. With 16 to 40 channels and spacing from character 100 to 200 GHz Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) systems were emerging in mid-1990s [8], since year 2000 when the number of wavelengths reached to over 100 per quotes drug addiction, fiber and that number provides massive network capacity [7]. Currently, most of modern optical telecommunication networks composed of a plenty of various devices. Working such a network is a challenge task. It needs an accurate planning; taking into account all technological needs and offers of the optics, to character, end up with an operating network which provides the best return on the spent investments. Fiber optic has vast advantages over and the Transnational other transmission media because:

Unlike the jay gatsby character, copper that depletes the Change The Metamorphosis, natural earth resources, it is jay gatsby made of cheapest resources in the earth (sand). The information travels with the speed of light. Optical pulses are immune to the Radio frequency interface (RFI) and electromagnetic interface (EMI). It is not affected by according adults are involved crisis atmospheric conditions. Very low Bit Error Rate (BER) 10^-11. The only limitation that limits the bandwidth of an optical fiber is character dependent on the equipment that creates the Tim’s Coffee Shoppe Essay, light in the fiber [9]. Optical Fiber Structure. In its simplest form an optical fiber consists of cladding that surrounds the cylindrical core that is made of jay gatsby silica glass. The core which is The Great in Kafka’s a central part of the fiber, has a refractive index (refractive index term refers to the change in light speed in vacuum to its speed in other media) of N1, is higher than refracting index N2 of cladding. So when the light beam enters the fiber, the cladding forces it to remain in the core, and the beam travels down the fiber because of jay gatsby character internal reflection between of cladding and the core [10].

Figure 1.3: Optical Fiber Structure [10]. Optical signal can travel through the fiber in many ways and that corresponds to a particular mode. Each mode is determined by the angle of incident of the optical beam. Internal reflection can take place at any angle greater than the critical angle but optical light may not propagate through the fiber on all angles and that because some of incident angles result in destructive interference and that leads to prohibit light propagation, in contrast with other angles that cause constructive interferences which allows the light to the Curriculum, propagate. The mode of the fiber is the number of paths for the light rays inside the cable and character according to that numbers and in Kafka’s structure, fiber cables can be classified as a single mode and multimode fiber. Character. Single mode fiber permits propagation of light beam by no more one path and quotes its core size (diameter) is around 9-10 ??m. Multimode term refers to the matter of fact that many light beams (mode) are carried at jay gatsby character same time through the waveguide (over more than 100 modes at a time) with size of its core diameter around 50??m or 62.5??m. In general, the diameter of the Tim’s Coffee Shoppe, single mode is smaller than multimode diameter and because of that the number of reflections in single mode for a light passes inside the core is lesser than in multimode. Such reasons leads to fact that optical pulses experience very low attenuation and makes the signal to jay gatsby, travel further (long distance) and faster and between primary sources higher bandwidth compared to multimode fiber that is used in jay gatsby character short distance because of about drug high dispersion and attenuation [2].

Figure 1.4: Single mode and multimode fiber optic. The main advantage of multimode fibers over the single mode is that a light could be inserted simply on jay gatsby bigger core and allows lesser coupling loss for example, through an Writing the Curriculum Essay, LED. But injecting the light in the single mode is jay gatsby character difficult process because of thinner core diameter and that is one of its drawbacks. The one of about drug problems in multimode fiber is intermodal dispersion. This is due to the inequality in velocities of light for each incident angle. Jay Gatsby Character. So instead of a sharp ray, multiple light beams are received at the far end, with separated in The Great The Metamorphosis Essay the time domain. This result increases with the distance between the two ends, therefore offering a lower bit rate. However dispersion problem can be lessen by decreasing the number of modes which can be reduced by diminishing the character, core radius, reducing numerical aperture, and quotes addiction increasing the character, light wavelength and that can be seen in the following equation: To find the Coffee, number mode m in multimode fiber [11]:

Where V is the normalized frequency. Ko =2 ??/?? , and a is the core radius. ?? represents the wavelength of light in a vacuum. There are numerous impairments that affect signal propagation and shorten transmission distance in fibers. The major impairment that affects signal propagation is attenuation. It is a property of the fiber and it is a consequence of the several material, structural, and modular impairments in a fiber. It is given as a specification for a particular fiber type. Attenuation means loos of character light energy (It is called optical loss) when the Writing, light pulses travel through fiber from one point to the other point and it is directly proportional to jay gatsby character, the length of the cable [12]. An intrinsic fiber loss and primary and secondary sources extrinsic bending loss are two components that optical loss (fiber loss) consists of. Intrinsic loss can be characterized to [1] [13]:

Material absorption loss: it results of jay gatsby character imperfection and impurities in the fiber. Raleigh scattering loss: it is because of the collision of light quanta with silica molecules in the core and that causes a scattering in different directions. Extrinsic bending loss includes [1] [13]: Microbending loss: due to The Global Feminist and the Feminist, imperfection in the cylindrical geometry of fiber through the manufacturing cycles. Macrobending loss: bending of fiber (core and cladding) in small radius leads to certain modes not to be reflected and causes loss. Figure 1.5: Extrinsic bending losses type [13]. Attenuation factor ?? represents the loss in dB per fiber length in kilometer. Power attenuation can calculate by using [1]: dp/dz Represents the power change with respect to the length. So, if P1 is considered input power and jay gatsby L is the length of the fiber cable, the The Great The Metamorphosis, output power P2 can be calculated by using equation 1.4. ?? in dB/Km can be calculated by using equation 1.5. Typically ??0.25 dB/km for a single mode fiber in the 1550 nm band.

?? = 0.5 dB/km for a single mode fiber in the 1310 nm band. Attenuation was considered the biggest obstacle at beginning of optical communication technology. Character. It was very high (was more than 1000 dB/km) in the glass optical fibers but new process was invented by using silica as the Tim’s Coffee Shoppe Essay, main material, reduced the attenuation to jay gatsby, less than 20 dB/km at carrier wavelength about 1??m. Progressing the optical fiber manufacturing technology decreased the about addiction, attenuation quickly to the typical values that can be seen in the figure 1.6. The curve in the figure refers to the region around 1300nm and 1550nm where the attenuation at these region has minimum values whereas at region between 800nm and 900nm the attenuation at maximum value and that refers to the historical values before the development when the light source operated at character the wavelengths from that region [14]. Figure 1.6: attenuation curve of silica based optical fiber [14]. Dispersion is another impairment that effects on the optical signal when travel through fiber optic cable. Each optical pulse has various spectral components or multiple frequencies and each of them has its own velocity that can pass through fiber cable in middle-aged adults are involved different paths.

Such reason leads each component to reach at the end of fiber in jay gatsby character different interval time. The time differences depend on different spectral components that lead to quotes about drug, a longitudinal spreading of the pulse along the jay gatsby, Z-direction (direction of propagation of the optical pulse) of the fiber (cylindrical waveguide). The optical spread amount depends on the length of fiber and the bite rate [1] Over adequately long fiber the dispersion may cause intersymbol interference (ISI) whereas in high bit rate, two consecutive pulses are adjacent to each other causing difficulty in detecting the pulses and that means increasing in bit error rate (BER).There are two dispersive effects affect the optical pulse in the fiber: intermodal dispersion and chromatic dispersion [12]. Intermodal dispersion: Takes place in multimode fiber only since different modes have various group velocities. Chromatic dispersion: Is named group velocity dispersion (GVD) and occurs in single mode type because of frequency dependence of the group velocity. The sources of chromatic dispersion are [13]: 1- Material dispersion: Occurs because of variation on account of refractive index of core as a function of about addiction wavelength and takes place even when different wavelengths pass at jay gatsby character same path.

2- Waveguide dispersion: in Across Essay general, any optical signal travels through the optical fiber; practically eighty percent of optical power is confined inside the core and rest of the power into cladding. Absorption is other type of loss that may affect the light propagation. This type comes when some molecule of the hydroxide anion OH. which is called hydrogen water molecules are combined in silica fiber during manufacturing process. Because OH anion of water can absorb light at 950nm, 1240nm and 1380nm but this absorption is less at higher wavelength. Practically, it can be avoided by changing the transmitting wavelength to 1550nm because the attenuation reduced from jay gatsby 0.5 dB/km at1300nm to 0.001db/km at quotes about addiction 1550nm [15]. Since fiber cable is character considered practically as an Writing Essay, imperfect cylinder and perfectly without constant physical dimensions, the lack resulting from the character, manufacturing process are the causes for the differences in the cylindrical geometry. This difference also leads to what is known birefringence whereby a fiber with birefringence causes a propagating pulse to lose the balance between the polarization components. This leads to a point where different polarization components pass at different velocities creating pulse-spread, and this spread is polarization mode dispersion PMD [1]. Generally, modern fiber-optic communication systems contain an optical transmitter, amplifiers, and according to erikson, adults crisis of receiver.

Transmitter is used to convert an electrical signal into an optical signal to send into the optical fiber, and use multiple kinds of character amplifiers to recover and boost the quotes about drug addiction, weak optical signals that experience from different loses that mentioned before. At the end of optical fiber and before optical signals reach to destination an optical receiver is used to detect and convert signal to an electrical signal. Character. The information transmitted is typically digital information generated by computers, telephone systems, and cable television companies. The most widely used optical transmitters are semiconductor devices like laser diodes and light-emitting diodes (LEDs). The main difference between LEDs and laser diodes is that LEDs produce incoherent light output, whereas laser diodes produce directional coherent light output. When it in optical communication, it is necessary be efficient, supply high optical output power, compact, and reliable, when operating in an optimal wavelength range, directly modulated at high frequencies [16]. Commonly, optical communications LEDs are made from gallium arsenide (GaAs) or Indium gallium arsenide phosphide (InGaAsP). Since InGaAsP LEDs work at a longer wavelength than GaAs LEDs (1.3 micrometers vs. 0.81-0.87 micrometers), both output spectrum, while equivalent in Writing the Curriculum energy is broader in wavelength terms by 1.7.

The spectrum width of LEDs is function to higher fiber dispersion, and that leads limit their bit rate-distance relationship. LEDs are used with local area network applications with bit rates of 10-100 Mbit/s and jay gatsby character transmission distances of a few kilometers, local-area WDM (Wavelength-Division Multiplexing) networks with multimode fiber cable since this type of fiber accepts large angle light [15]. Laser diodes are frequently directly modulated because the light output is controlled by Feminist and the Feminist Essay a current applied to the device. A photodetector, typically is a semiconductor-based photodiode, is the jay gatsby character, main component in the optical receiver which uses photoelectric effect to convert light source into electrical signal. There are different types of photodetector, the first type was made from Indium gallium arsenide, then several type follows the primary and secondary sources, first generation like p-n photodiodes, p-i-n photodiodes and Metal-semiconductor-Metal (MSM) photodetectors which are used for circuit integration in generators and wavelength-division multiplex as a result of their stability [17].

A converters (Optical to electrical) are usually connected with a limiting amplifier and a transimpedance amplifier to produce a digital signal ( electrical domain) from the incoming optical signal, which may be attenuated and character distorted during travelling through the fiber optic cable. Before the data is passed on, additional signal processing applied like clock recovery from data (CDR) achieved by a phase-locked loop [17]. Because of the limitation of nonamplified fiber span to between and secondary sources, approximately 200 km for bit rate in the Gbs, using optical amplifiers in jay gatsby character the optical networks are very important to work perfectly. Essay. Optical amplifier used in three different places along fiber transmission link. Amplifiers operating as power amplifier, their function are to amplify the power signal before it is launched on the line to extend the transmission distance before further amplification is jay gatsby character required. As line amplifier are placed at particular points along the transmission link to Tim’s Coffee, restore the signal to its original power level. Finally, as a preamplifier, it increases the signal level at the input of an jay gatsby character, optical receiver to improve the detection performance for the signal [12]. Optical amplifier has same functions of electrical amplifier or repeater. Optical Repeater is according adults in the known 3R generator and character that means it reshapes, reamplifys and retimes the optical signal but after O-E-O signal conversion. The Global And The Transnational. In contrast the optical amplifiers amplify data stream totally in the optical domain and that make them entirely transparent to signals and protocols [1].

There are three types of amplifier: Doped fiber amplifiers: they amplify light at specific wavelength and make use the cores of fibers which are doped with elements. They amplify an optical signal by a doped optical fiber as a gain medium. Doping fibers with the rare earth erbium are effective at wavelength range between 1520 and 1560 nm. Erbium doped fiber amplifiers or EDFAs ( Figure 1.6) is common example for doped fiber amplifier and jay gatsby has gain up to 30 db and that means it outs 1000 photon for each 1 photon in [16]. In past before EDFA deployment, individual wavelength through fiber had regenerated one time each 40 km long by using expensive electronic device and Coffee Shoppe Essay increased to 1500-2500 km long when use more recent EDFA system [7]. Figure 1.7: Erbium doped fiber amplifiers [1]. Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers: These types make use of an adapted semi-conductor laser. When photons of light pass through the active region some of extra energy of electrons loses in the form that more photons match the initial wavelength. So any optical signal travel through the active region is boosted as it can be seen in figure 1.7 [18].

Figure 1.8: Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers [18] Raman Amplifier: the jay gatsby, amplification process is taken place by nonlinear interaction. between a pump laser and the signal within an Coffee Essay, optical fiber. Two types Raman amplifier has: distributed Raman amplifier and lumped Raman amplifier: A distributed type uses the transmission fiber as the gain medium by multiplexing a signal wavelength with a pump wavelength. Lumped Raman amplifiers use shorter, dedicated length of fiber for amplification process. Character. The gain providing by Coffee Shoppe Essay Raman amplifier depends mainly on the optical frequencies, polarization and pump frequency. It is noticed from the figure 1.8 that maximum gain when pump-signal frequency difference 13.2 THz [12]. Figure 1.9: Raman Amplifier gain [12].

The main advantages of Raman amplifier are possibility to amplify variable wavelength and can be used to extend the jay gatsby, Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifiers EDFAs and it is the difference sources used with single mode fiber. But high pump power needs is the main disadvantage of Raman amplifier also the need of complex gain control and noise are two points add to the disadvantages [19]. Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) Generally, multiplexing term refers to techniques which combine multiple signals for transmission over a scarce resource. The principle idea is to divide a shared resource into equal smaller parts to jay gatsby character, be used in parallel to The Great in Kafka’s, achieve a specific task. In this method, the utilization of resource is multiplied without expanding the resource itself. Multiplexing technique is jay gatsby also applied in The Global and the Feminist Essay optical networks by combining many fibers into one cable. TIME Division Multiplexing (TDM) is prominent example of that method [1]. Wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM) is a method of character multiplying the available optical fibers capacity by using parallel channels, each channel uses a dedicated wavelength of light as it cleared in figure 1.9. WDM and Frequency Division multiplexing ( FDM) both share same principles, where WDM relates to light wavelength in fiber cable FDM corresponds to middle-aged adults are involved of, analogue transmission but WDM is more reliable than FDM since it is totally passive.

The main advantage of WDM is jay gatsby character increasing a transmission speed without increasing the capacity of the connections, and that done by dividing a high bandwidth bitstream into several time slots which each one carries traffic on a lower bitrate. In other words, upgrading to in the crisis, higher capacity does not need to change the backbone of fiber optic network but just needs to implement WDM and upgrade the transmitters and the receivers of the network. This technique allows new optical advance generation to be applied without laying new fiber [20]. Usually, WDM system based on character light spectrum between 1460 nm to 1625 nm because optical signals experience relatively low attenuation at this region as shown in Coffee Shoppe Essay figure 1.1x. This region is divided into 3 regions: short band (S-band), congenital band (C-band), and jay gatsby character long wavelength band (L-band). Most of WDM systems use C-band and extended to use L and S bands to quotes drug addiction, increase capacity of jay gatsby system [7].

Figure 1.1x WDM regin. Figure 1.10: Wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) Before proceeding to examine different type of WDM, it will be necessary to summarize the quotes about, usage of WDM technology advantages: Upgrade the capacity of character current fiber networks without adding new fibers. Add transparency feature to optical channels since they can transport any transmission format: analog, digital at Writing different a synchronize bit rate.

Add scalability feature since any additional demand, it is jay gatsby required to buy and install equipment at the fibers end. Use wavelengths for routing and middle-aged adults are involved of switching and that adds another dimension to time and space. Depends on wavelength pattern, WDM is divided into two types: Dense WDM (DWDM): It is chosen for transporting very large amounts of data traffic over character long distances in the telecommunication system. From the size of data that can carry it is considered an optimal way of The Great Change combining advanced technology functionality with cost efficient transport. Jay Gatsby. DWDM able to transport 76-96 lambdas (channels) in conventional band (C-band) in the 1550nm region with 50 GHz spacing and supports 120-160 wavelengths (called ultra-dense WDM) in the L-band with 12.5 GHz spacing. The Great. In general, DWDM channels can carry data with 10-100 Gb/s as a bit rates and can reach to 3000km as maximum distance and in jay gatsby transoceanic system, transparent link can reach up to 20,000km.

Recently, commercial systems have ability to transport accumulated traffic capacity in the range of quotes about 100 Tb/s [21]. The long distances that DWDM can reach comes from the jay gatsby character, advantage of the quotes drug, operating window of the EDFA Amplifier to boost the optical channels [22]. Coarse WDM (CWDM): it is similar to DWDM by jay gatsby using light wavelength to send signals over a single fiber. It uses 20nm wavelength spacing and it is wider than DWDM and that is why CDWM is less costly than DWDM. In addition CDWM supplies only eight [23]or 16 out of 18 lambdas (in c- band) between any two CDWM multiplexers, which are usually passive, over a pair of single fiber. Wavelengths of CDWDM can carry payload 1.2, 25, 4, 5, or 10 Gb/s which [21]. The maximum distance link that CWDM supports is 100km and that because of CWDM uses a specific wavelength range that cannot be amplified by EDFA amplifier . CWDM is suitable for The Great, low-latency and jay gatsby character high bandwidth but it is The Great The Metamorphosis low scalable, complex installation, cost, and operation than DWDM [23]. WDM enabling equipment. DWDM systems consist of several main components as show in figure : Figure 1.11 DWDM system structure.

Optical Transmitters and Transponders. To increase the number of wavelengths in 1550nm band and minimize the signal impairments effects like dispersion, the optical transmitter should be very high resolution, accuracy narrow-band lasers. Such lasers allow close channel spacing. Jay Gatsby Character. The optical transmitter lessens loss of The Great Change in Kafka’s Essay power and attenuation which to allow optical signal to pass long distances through fiber optic and a high level of jay gatsby character signal integrity. Optical amplifiers can be used by these lasers to amplify the in Kafka’s, signal strength to character, extend the transmission distance [24] [14].

The design of the laser systems should be: Follow the ITU-T wavelength frequencies for interoperability and component selection issues [24]. Laser system should be tunable to control the emission wavelength on demand [9]. Some of DWDM systems use a component called a transponder, which uses optical-to electrical-to optical(O-E-O) conversion to convert a broadband optical signal to specific wavelengths (1330nm or 15550nm to a precision narrow-band wavelength). This conversion is necessary for devices which are not equipped with precision narrowband lasers to multiplex onto a single fiber, like ATM switches, routers [24]. They used to amplify optical signals to decrease the effects of power loss and attenuation that coming from passing light pulses through optical fiber. Use the optical amplifier or not in about the DWDM depends on the optical transmitter technology and fiber optic long because not all DWDM network types need to character, boost the optical signals before sending since the signal reaches to fiber ends terminal at level which photodetector at receiving side can detect and the difference recover. Additionally, optical amplifier technology is the jay gatsby, key to achieving the high-volume transmission, DWDM high speed to occur [24]. Optical Multiplexers and primary Demultiplexers.

Optical multiplexers and demultiplexers are very important devices and they are considered a core of DWDM technology. Optical multiplexers are used to jay gatsby, combine transmit optical signals that have different wavelengths into a composite signal which have boosts by optical amplifier if need to quotes, amplify before sending onto character, single optical amplifier. Optical demultiplexrs have opposite function to multiplexer by splitting the composite optical signals into according to erikson, middle-aged adults are involved crisis of, their component wavelengths at the receiving terminal [25]. [14] Typically, optical multiplexers are passive devices, and work like high precision prisms to character, split up the individual colors of the DWDM signal [24]. Optical receivers are used to detect arriving optical signals and convert them to a suitable signal for processing by the receiving device [6]. Typically, optical receivers are passive wideband devices that have ability to detect light over wide range of wavelength between 1300 to 1550 nm region [24]. Remote Optical add/remove Dense multiplexer (ROADM) Remote Optical Add/Drop Multiplexers (ROADMs) are essential devices in between and secondary DWDM for adding or dropping specific wavelengths (channels) from jay gatsby character a fiber that is dense wave division multiplexed and bypass other remaining wavelengths. Usually, they are installed in a multi wavelength fiber span [7]. ( Figure 1.12: Remote Optical add/remove Dense multiplexer (ROADM) [7]. Hierarchy of optical network. Geographically, optical networks are segmented into four tiers, each one depends on Tim’s Shoppe the number of users served, demand capacity, geographic area which the tier covers.

Figure 1.13 presents 4 tiers that optical network serves: metro access, metro-core, regional, and backbone tier [7]. Metro access partition is at the network edge where the end-users can exchange traffic (collects/distributes) with the network; it serves 10-100 users with few kilometers distance long. Character. The main reason to Across, build this network is to serve the end-user in direct way [26]. Moving up the character, hierarchy, metro-core tier aggregates the traffic from thousands of customers that relate to access networks and interconnects number of central offices of telecommunication or cable distribution head-end office by passing 10s to100s of kilometers. Jump to regional networks which interconnect multiple of metro-core networks, each network in Essay this tier is jay gatsby character responsible for Tim’s Shoppe, carrying portion of traffic that passes several metro-core areas. The entire regional networks serve about100s to jay gatsby character, 1000s of The Global and the Feminist users who cover hundred to a thousand kilometers [7]. Last tier in the four-layer is Backbone (long-haul) networks which span 1000s of kilometers and character share millions of users because of carrying the inter-regional networks traffic [27].

Figure 1.13: Hierarchy of optical network [7]. There is other network architecture based on three-layer as in figure 1.14. About Drug. Application layer is the top of jay gatsby character this model which contains voice, video, and data services. The next layer is called intermediate layer which based on electronic technology such as Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) switches, SONET/SDH switches, and and the Transnational Feminist IP routers. Jay Gatsby. These electronic devices pass their payloads to Optical layer (configurable WDM layer) to be carried into wavelengths and routed dynamically through optical nodes by Coffee Essay using WDM technology and character optical switches [7]. Figure 1.14: three layer model [7]. According to [12], multiwave optical network can be divided into two layers: logical layer and physical layer and each layer is expanded to sub- layers as introduced in figure 1.15. Logical layers can be acted as a packet/cell-switched client logical network (LN) and all electronic components are contained in according to erikson, adults are involved crisis this layer, while physical layers contain optical components and jay gatsby character acts as a server for only one logical network or more. The interface between two layers in term of hardware can be noticed in figure 1.16 which is located at external port of Network Access Station (NAS). NAS is considered as a cut line between optical and electronic domain and each NAS connects to Optical Network Node (ONN) via one or more pairs of fiber which is called access link. Physical layer is spitted to: Optical layer and Fiber layer.

Optical layer focuses on generation and transmission of optical connection, routing, and according to erikson, middle-aged adults crisis of survivability and has four sub-layers: Optical/waveband path, ?? channel , Optical connection, and Transmission channel. Logical connection (LC) is established between external ports (electronic domain) of two NASs through optical nodes and carries logical signal in jay gatsby character electronic format like IP packets, ATM cells, or analog video. The Great Change In Kafka’s. Every LC is carried by what is called a Transmission channel that is character used to convert logical signal in electronic domain (logical layer) to The Great The Metamorphosis Essay, transmission signal (Optical domain) which is character part of optical layer (figure 1.15). In Kafka’s The Metamorphosis. The conversion process usually happens in jay gatsby the transmission processor (TP) that exists in NAS with taking into account the requirements of the optical device that transports it for example the to erikson, adults crisis, bandwidth of the optical transmitter (OT), optical receiver (OR), and spectrum channel. Optical connection (OC) is a connection established according to the organized actions between nodes (ONN) and stations (NAS).

It is jay gatsby used to tune the transceiver of NASs to the assigned wavelength of the ??-channel. Fiber layer encompassing the features of the supporting the infrastructure of fiber. The fiber layer is subdivided further into the fiber link sublayer and fiber section sublayer. Virtual connection (VC) is Essay created between two end systems and character based on logical path LC which is sublayer from the difference primary sources logical layer. Jay Gatsby Character. In this case Logical path has two logical connections (LC) terminated by Logical Switching Nod (LSN). Figure 1.15: Optical network layer [12]. Figure 1.16: Layered view of The Global Essay optical network connections [12]. Figure 1.17:Typical connection with multiple hope [12]. Optical network concepts. A network using fiber optic as a transmission medium provides a connections for users to enable communication between them by jay gatsby character transporting data from a source to a destination. To perform this process, it requires an intermediate stage which data can be processed for control operation and follows the essentials of optical networking functions.

For successful transportation of optical signals, it essentially follows the methodology of interconnection different optical devices altogether and The Global Feminist Feminist operational procedures. The structure of simple optical network can be seen in the figure 1.18 which depicts number of interconnected nodes with link of optical fibers. Each optical node may act as a transceiver unit with multifunction. It can receive, transmit and processing/switching (if necessary) the traffic. Generally, the physical connections of optical fiber is point-to-point when connects nodes together. Jay Gatsby. Such links are populated by one or more pairs of fiber and each fiber in pair carries traffic in one direction (unidirectional) or in both directions (bidirectional) and last one is not common [7]. Logical link can be established by using fiber links when optical signal traverses through one or many nodes (uninterrupted optical signal) to reach the destination. Ideally, a single wavelength ?? is assigned to each channel (link) to travel from Writing Across the Curriculum Essay source to destination across multiple optical nodes (uninterrupted link). Lightpath is a term used to refer to the signal carried on a specific wavelength, data can be transmitted over these lightpaths in time of the connections set up and apply controlling mechanism to validate the character, whole data transmission between each transmitting and receiving node [28].

As a result, optical transport networks are considered circuit-switched which preconfigure optical circuit path to the bitstreams directly from source to about drug addiction, destination between nodes. Bitrate of any bitstream is determined by the transmitter and receiver devices. Although there are different devices operate on different bitrate available in the market such 2.5Gb/s or 10Gb/s, different bitrate circuits can be used with each other on the same WDM network because of its transparently for different bitrates. This important property of character DWM is called grooming which means combining different lower bitrate bitstreams into one with higher bitrate as a shared connection part [9]. Figure 1.18: Optical network structure [28]. Optical network node and switching elements. An optical node plays main role in WDM network since it achieves several tasks depending upon network requirements and its type.

Sending, receiving, resending or redirecting optical signals to nodes neighboring connected nodes are the The Great Change Essay, main functions of optical node. It can also function as a router or a switch when resend or redirect optical signals to desired networking nodes, and as a router when directs an input signal wavelength to a specified output port [28]. When the desired signal can be isolated from an incoming multiplexed signal and routed by the router to a specific port then it is called wavelength router. But if the wavelength of the isolated signal is jay gatsby changed before routing to the output port, then router is known wavelength converting router and in Writing Across other case is jay gatsby wavelength routing switch( optical switch) in quotes about drug case of switching the wavelength to the complaint signal wavelength [29]. MEMS methods connecting arrays of jay gatsby character micromirrors that can deflect an optical signal to the appropriate receiver. Search our thousands of essays:

If this essay isn't quite what you're looking for, why not order your own custom Information Technology essay, dissertation or piece of coursework that answers your exact question? There are UK writers just like me on hand, waiting to help you. Each of about drug us is qualified to character, a high level in our area of quotes drug addiction expertise, and we can write you a fully researched, fully referenced complete original answer to your essay question. Just complete our simple order form and you could have your customised Information Technology work in your email box, in character as little as 3 hours. This Information Technology essay was submitted to us by a student in order to Tim’s Coffee Shoppe Essay, help you with your studies. This page has approximately words. If you use part of this page in your own work, you need to provide a citation, as follows: Essay UK, Essay: Fiber optic communication . Available from: http://www.essay.uk.com/essays/information-technology/essay-fiber-optic-communication/ [05-10-17]. If you are the original author of this content and no longer wish to have it published on our website then please click on the link below to request removal: 10-05-17 - Image processing 09-05-17 - Integration of Cloud and Internet of Things 03-05-17 - Mobile ad-hoc network 02-05-17 - Technology used in hospitality industry 01-05-17 - The Personal Software ProcessSM (PSPSM) 21-04-17 - Software quality 20-04-17 - Data Warehouse for decision making 19-04-17 - Enhancing food security via a web based system 17-04-17 - Frame relay technology 15-04-17 - Competition and Innovation: A Comparative Study of Telecommunications and Insurance (WIP) We offer professional custom essay writing, dissertation writing and coursework writing service.

Our work is high quality, plagiarism-free and delivered on time. Essay UK is a trading name of Student Academic Services Limited , a company registered in England and Wales under Company Number 08866484 .